Dental Claims

Dental claims can be submitted in two ways, by electronic or mail-in submission.Some dental treatments require pre-approval before they can begin. This is called Predetermination of Benefits.

Electronic Submission

  • Many dentists will submit claims directly to Great West Life
  • You need to provide dentist with your employee ID (member ID) and the dental policy number (51801)
  • Some dentists will submit claims to Great-West Life but require payment for services. Great West Life will send the reimbursement directly to you

Mail-in Submission

  • If your dentist does not use electronic submission they should fill out the “Dentist” section on the Standard Dental Claim form
  • Complete the remainder of the form and submit to Great West Life
  • Claims must be submitted within 18 months of the date of service
  • Note: Do not sign the “assignment to dentist” section if you have paid the dentist